Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Beliefs

Several things on beliefs crossed my path recently. I've got some free advice.

Don't believe anything! This can prove quite difficult. I sure have problems with it. Hunches can help. Theories come in handy. Beliefs will trick you.

I don't believe the world has a globe shape. The probabilities seem high. Research data from people I've never met at institutions I have never visited all point to a somewhat globular shaped planet. But if I 'believe' this, I surrendor to the fantasies of the unknown and might as well believe that the earth is actually an inverted sphere. There's some really excellent mathematical measurements that can consistantly prove this. Flat Earthers have some interesting commentary as well that can seem quite persuasive. Evolutionists and 'intelligent design' proponents both speak from their deep seeded beliefs.

Beliefs have a lie in the center of them.

1 comment:

X said...

I believe you're right.