Monday, December 04, 2006

Fenris Unbound

As I got out of the truck, the black wolf came at me. I placed my right hand in his mouth as a sign of faith. As he tried to bite down on it, I grabbed his tongue. Seeing as I still have my hand, I guess that means Fenris is still unbound.

This all took place on the moon, of course. Humans had taken up habitation on the surface, but there was a sub-culture. The sub-culture were people who had been 'banished' to live underground to prevent the spread of some disease they had acquired. I was shown the underground habitation, a huge cavern with a floor lined with dragon scales. A little girl let the truth slip. Did they look diseased? Did they look unhappy? And if they were all diseased, why was I being allowed to walk amongst them while others were not? The truth? The sub-culture had discovered this cavern of dragon scales that granted them with eternal life. Here was the real fountain of youth. They spread the rumor of disease to keep people out. El Dorado, Luna.

But as long as Fenris is unbound, it is in danger.

Then I came back down to Earth. So it has been a busy morning for me.

No comments: