Wednesday, December 06, 2006

AWPC

It was lunch break and I was at the sinks washing up.
Her: You having a good day?

Me: I'm done. I'm going home.

Her: What?

Me: I've had enough. I'm outta here.

Her: Whatever.

Me: Serious. Just wait and see. When you get back from lunch, I won't be here.

Her: No way.

Me: No? Hang around. I'm going to walk over to that time clock and punch out. I've had enough.

Her: Why?

Me: I'm sick of it. I'm sick of stupid operators turning on their stupid lights for stupid problems. I'm sick of stupid supervisors not telling me what is going on before they leave. I'm just plain sick of it. I've had it.

Her: Not me.

Me: Yes, even you.
Just then the other maintenance guy approaches. He doesn't know what I've just been saying.
Him: You can't go.

Me: Ta hell I can't! I'm sick of it and I'm leaving!

Her: You're not really serious, are you?

Me: Just watch me. I'm going to go over to that time clock and punch out right now, and then walk out that door.
I grab my jacket off the garbage can, put it on, and walk over to the time clock. I grab my time card from my wallet and punch out. As I'm walking away...
Me: Good night. Good bye. And good luck!

Her: No! You can't leave.

Him: Hey! Next time you should just hit him.

Me: Whatever, man. I'm gone!
What she didn't know, what none of the operators or even the lead knew, was that I had requested a half day off over a week in advance. But the other maintenance guy knew. That and he is the only other guy on our side of operations to have had theatrical improv training. The poor girl looked like she was going to cry.

I also happen to know that he can't hold an improv character for more than a minute, and would break down over lunch and tell the poor thing the truth. Hack.

Odds are I'll get a big slug in the arm from her tomorrow.

No comments: