Saturday, February 18, 2006

Contrariwise

A friend has linked to me as, "a contrary man for all seasons." It took me quite a while to find this out as I've subscribed to the feed and never go to the main page where the link exists. Then one day I did and saw it.

I saw the link and said, "What's she talking about? I'm not contrary!" But wait, that statement alone betrays otherwise. "Well, January and October are mine too, then." Or some such. Nevermind all that.

Thing is, yes, I am contrary. I listen to conservative talk radio and want to shoot the bastards for being so damn blind to the harsh realities around them. I listen to liberal talk radio and want to drag the whiny bleeding hearts behind my truck. I read anarchist publications and I want to kick the authors to the curb for going into such mind numbing detail about how a world without government would work until they have devised a system that only a politician could appreciate. Fuck them all!

And yet in person I am known as the nice guy. I'm the peace maker. I'm the mellow, happy guy who everyone loves. There you go, more contrariness. Because they all love me, but I hate all of them. And I hate you, too.

No comments: