Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Applying One's Self

After a very long hiatus, I applied for another job.

Sending out about 4 gross worth of résumés, cover letters, and applications had burnt me out. So when I landed a job, I quit applying for quite a while. I needed a psychological break from that whole process.

Then yesterday while eating lunch I decided to see what kind of jobs were listed locally. Finding one within 7 blocks of home at a glass foundry, I decided to put in an application. So I did that today. I don't need a job. The one I have suits me fine. I did it anyway.

And if they pay me enough, I'll take it. My work place has no loyalty to it's employees. They can fire me any time they want. They won't because I rock. The same could be said of anyone I end up working for.

1 comment:

List with Laszlo said...

Amen brother! My theory has always been that if I have to work 40 hours a week, I might as well make as much as I can in those 40 hours. If someone will pay more take it. You're right about company loyalty. I've never seen it.