Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pandering

Government bailing out private institutions is wrong. This is the second time in my lifetime that Republicans have had to bail out banks. Not that they had to. Not really.

To someone with any kind of savings, having a bank fail is a really horrible thing. My great uncle lost a lot of money this way during the Great Depression. That is why government bails out these institutions. They are trying to prevent the panic from spreading. And they are covering their own asses.

A great number of Americans live paycheck to paycheck and don't give a rat's ass if the banks go belly up 'cuz they can always cash their check at the liquor store. It's an ignorant view, but God bless 'em their heart is in the right place.

I stick by my original platform statement on the subject, stated long before this debacle was making headlines. Firstly, switch to a voluntary taxation model so nobody has to pay for anything they don't want to. If people are in favor of the government bailout, by all means send them money to support it. Secondly, shut down the Fed! This would immediately screw all banks. Trickle down economics finally working.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can cash my check at the liquor store!! Shit that would save a stop. Why did no one tell me this sooner.