Friday, August 01, 2008

Abolish Money

I'm certain of this now. Money has caused so much trouble, we just need to abolish it. It's just a symbol anyway. Get rid of it.

But with what shall we replace it?

Nothing.

Ack! I can't handle that!

Fine. I'm sure we could come up with something. Replace it with the calorie. A person is worth the energy they expend doing things. So a steel worker is worth more than an investment banker. The garbage man is worth more than a lawyer. Intelligence is its own reward.

I still say we don't need to replace money with anything. But the important thing is to BAN MONEY NOW!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your abolish money idea so much that I started to consider where to go from there. With money no longer needed, all the financial companies that make a living sitting at a desk and telling people what to do with the money they work for would be out of work. GREAT! Maybe now they can understand what a good full day of honest work is. Trade/barter system could be based on work for your food/etc, and those with wealth would still have things to trade without working.

I say we tear down these financial institutions, recycle the materials used in the buildings, and set the people to work on crops for food, animal feed, and alternate fuel sources. The land we'd free up from corporate expansion would most likely be enough to feed a much larger portion of the country. And thats what we need to start looking after. Ourselves.

It's not so much communism as I'm just tired of people being godsdamn worthless.