Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Drugs Rule!

Last night at work I was wondering about a co-worker who always wears a Grateful Dead necklace. How the hell does I guy like that get hired in a place with random drug testing? Because, I reasoned, nobody can stand listening to that shit unless they're high. One would think that Grateful Dead paraphernalia would count as an automatic drug test fail with no urine sample needed. (Not that I endorse such discrimination. Just saying...)

Synchronicity of synchronicities, what should I find in my news box today but this!
The 5 Greatest Things Ever Accomplished While High

Any dreadlocked white guys finding this article after Googling 'Drugs Rule' should know that we've given this list about drugs a rule. To make the cut, an accomplishment has to be considered great by people who could pass a field sobriety test. So no Grateful Dead music. We're sure someone somewhere has enjoyed the Dead perfectly sober, just as there are probably non-Christians who listen to Christian Rock. But we're just as sure that in the grand scheme of things, those people don't count.
I'm glad I'm not alone on this one.

The list is good, too. It includes 2 acid heads, 2 coke fiends, a shroomer, and this gem...
There's plenty of controversy surrounding certain parts of the Bible, (where are the dinosaurs?), but most can agree that the Ten Commandments make some good points: killing is wrong, stealing is wrong, and weekends are for sleeping.

No comments: