Friday, August 22, 2008

Drug Testing

For the record, I am 100% against employment drug testing. I am against pre-employment drug testing as a condition of hire. I am against scheduled drug testing such as is used for many people who operate heavy machinery or drive a company vehicle. I am against random drug testing in the work place. I am against post-accident drug testing.

However, I have no sympathy for a person who loses their job as a result of work place drug testing. I don't care if it was a random, scheduled, or accident related drug test. You know the conditions of your employment. You took a gamble and used substances that could show up as a positive. You failed a drug test and lost your job. If your job was so important to you the situation could have been avoided.

If it was a false positive, get a lawyer and sue for wrongful termination. There is a lot of case history and research to back you up.

2 comments:

List with Laszlo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
List with Laszlo said...

I am ok with pre-employment testing. I am ok with post accident testing, drunks of any form shouldn't operate machinery, people get hurt, businesses get sued.

Random drug testing is a violation of my 4th amendment rights, period.

I agree that anyone who works at a place with drug testing and uses it's on them.