Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Long Term Benefits of Mushroom Use

Study finds long benefit in illegal mushroom drug. One person says:
"I feel more centered in who I am and what I'm doing," said Osborn, now 66, of Providence, R.I. "I don't seem to have those self-doubts like I used to have. I feel much more grounded (and feel that) we are all connected."
And they offer that:
Scientists reported Tuesday that when they surveyed volunteers 14 months after they took the drug, most said they were still feeling and behaving better because of the experience.

Two-thirds of them also said the drug had produced one of the five most spiritually significant experiences they'd ever had.
So what do they tell people in the face of this fantastic new information?
Experts emphasize that people should not try psilocybin on their own because it could be harmful. Even in the controlled setting of the laboratory, nearly a third of participants felt significant fear under the effects of the drug. Without proper supervision, someone could be harmed, researchers said.
Wow! I would think shrooming in a clinical lab would have caused a lot more freakouts. This is one of those drugs that should really be completely decriminalized but come with a huge warning label. Absolutely nobody should take it unless they are brave enough to risk dieing 100 times per minute for 1,000 years only to wake up the next day in love with the universe.

No comments: