Monday, July 07, 2008

Candidate of Change Changes His Mind

Candidates' Long-Held Intelligence Views Shift : NPR
The FISA revision now before the Senate does provide that immunity, but Obama says he will support it anyway. That turnaround has dismayed many of his supporters. Some fellow Democrats, like Rep. Anna Eshoo of California, are left hoping that Obama would revisit the FISA issue as president.
I'm sure that if he became President he wouldn't bow down to the giant telecoms that have the money, media and influence to destroy him and his family.

5 comments:

rbbergstrom said...

Yeah. So sad. I'm really disappointed. I had hope for him, but now he's looking to be just another tool. He's just marginally better than Clinton, who's marginally better than Pelosi, who's marginally better than McCain, who's marginally better than Bush, who's marginally better than Cheney, who's marginally better than whoever the heck's really in charge. It makes me sick to my stomach.

rbbergstrom said...

I rephrase that: McCain is marginally better than Pelosi, not the other way around. But they're both freakin' evil. McCain used to be a good man, but he's sold his soul to the Bushes.

List with Laszlo said...

You'd think the Patriot Act and domestic spying would seperate dems from republicans, but no. Just another fuckin' traitor. I'm still writting in Ron Paul.

Unknown said...

McCain was never a 'good man'. People just weren't paying close enough attention previously to notice. His record has always been consistent with the special interests that surrounded him at the time.

And why write in Ron Paul? You'd do a better job than him, KoP. Write your own name in.

List with Laszlo said...

I wouldn't want to run against my good friend Jake in 2008!