Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Punk Pit

A while back my boss joked with me that one of the operators was trying to get on maintenance, but they wouldn't take him because they had filled their quota on guys with mohawks and facial piercings when they promoted me.

Turns out they ARE bringing the guy with a mohawk and facial piercings onto maintenance. Cool. Plus there's the guy I currently work with who is a veteran of the punk rock scene. That means three of the eleven guys in the maintenance pit will be punks. Once the new guy is trained, it would be possible to have a maintenance shift staffed entirely by punks!

Wait, that's what I've got now. We're the under-staffed shift but we get the highest production numbers. So what's the difference?

There'd be THREE of us instead of two. We'd rock that much harder!

3 comments:

X said...

What job could possibly be more punk than repairing the machinery that makes sawchain?

Unknown said...

Umm, being in a punk rock band?

X said...

I said "job". As soon as your band becomes a job you're a sellout!