Saturday, April 23, 2005

Punk in Drublic Again

What the hell is it with blue laws? Aren't these completely outdated? Shouldn't we just throw them on the junk pile and strike a match?

In Minnesota I cold not go to the bar after 1:00 AM. Now in Oregon I can't go after 2:30 AM. It makes no sense. I am on a graveyard shift. Everything I do is on a different schedule. Shouldn't the ability to quaff alcohol on a whim represent that? And shouldn't I have the ability to walk down the street with a bottle in hand without getting worked over by cops? I know I could devise a way to prevent the pratfalls, but it doesn't make up for unjust laws. If I want to drink at 6:00 AM and a bar is willing to serve me, what right does the government have to intervene in that process?

2 comments:

List with Laszlo said...

The joke is nothing stops you from drinking anywhere else and ending up in public again anyhow!

List with Laszlo said...

One more fucked up blue law....why is it I can't buy a car on Sunday in Minnesota? Is it the government way to ensure at least car salesmen won't go to hell for violating the sabbath. I suppose car salesmen have enough other stuff to go to hell over...why get God's attention on Sunday!