Thursday, April 07, 2005

The Importance of My Candidacy

Why should people vote for me? I don't really want the job. That's the point. No person in their right mind would want the job. What sane individual says, "I want to command the world's largest military and have my finger on the button of the world's largest nuclear arsenal"? Does that sound like anything a sane individual would want?

And I think people understand this intuitively. On rough estimates, only about half of eligible voters actually vote. Imagine if EVERYONE actually voted and cast their vote the same way as they don't cast their vote now, or voted for themselves, or their best friend, or their favorite fictional character. Instead of our current President winning with 51% of the vote, he would have only received 26% of the vote. Then when he came out and said he received a mandate, people could look at the numbers and see that anyone who considers a quarter of voters as a mandate is delusional, a liar, or both.

That is the true purpose behind the Jake in 2008 campaign. Expose the fraud!

No comments: