Thursday, April 17, 2008

None of the Above

Yes, I voted for Jesse Ventura when all the polls showed him coming in at a distant third.

Yes, I was excited as I saw the numbers roll in and it became apparent that he was the next governor of Minnesota.

Yes, I did not always agree with his policies.

Yes, he is probably the only elected official I thought did a damn fine job.

Yes, if he ran for President I would back out of the race and throw my support behind him.

But his idea for adding a "None of the Above" vote of no confidence category in all elections is something I really agree with. That would get me voting again.

4 comments:

List with Laszlo said...

Jake,
Imagine Jesse for prez and you as running mate... a political 1-2 punch.

X said...

I'm not sure about voting for "None of the Above" since it leaves the possibility that someone who is not on the ticket should have the job.

How about an option for just plain "None"?

WV: rgidf

Anonymous said...

If they get "None of the above" put on ballets I am changing my name to "None of the Above". I will soon be in charge or all local state and federal action!!

Unknown said...

Me as Jesse's running mate? Sure! I'd gladly be the Dick to his Bush.

...that came out wrong.