Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Coming In Late

I kept popping into conversations at strange times today. Like at first break as I walk and someone is saying, "...brown sugar. Right Jake?" I mean how could I say no to that? And then walking up as someone says, "...they are definitely a little bit more on the exotic side." Later I walked up as someone mentioned, "...so I had to take my shirt off, too."

But there was one conversation I was present for and offered my humble opinion on.
Jake: What's so bad about Easter dinner with the family? There's nothing better than eating ham to celebrate the murder of a Jew.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would hope something of that nature would be said in "very poor joke mode" rather than "actual facts mode". I like to think the world is full of people with bad taste rather then people with no gray matter what so ever.

Unknown said...

That same day when someone pondered getting their kid a rabbit for Easter I encouraged it. Told them, "You can let the kid play with it for a couple hours, then skin it up for dinner."

Anonymous said...

Don't you need more time to get real attached to it before supper? Get 2 so you can sew some mittens after supper. The candies real rabbits give you for Easter taste very bad.

Unknown said...

Let the kid get attached? Are you kidding? The modern child would be absolutely horrified just seeing first hand that the meat they eat comes from an actual once living animal. Never mind the visual of a rabbit getting turned inside out.

And let them eat the chocolate. Life's lessons are best learned through experience.