Monday, July 25, 2005

People Power!

My spouse and I went clothes shopping today. She needed some new jeans so she tried on a couple pairs of Levis. She came out of the dressing room and wasn't certain, so she handed them to me and started to peruse the wall some more. Out of curiosity, I peaked inside at the tag.

"Whoa! Check this out! This pair is made in Egypt but this pair is made in Pakistan."

She looked at me, took the jeans, and put them back on the shelf. "I can't do it."

We then left the store without making a purchase.

People, THAT is power!

1 comment:

List with Laszlo said...

Good job!! Unfortunately with CAFTA and NAFTA US made products may soon be a thing of the past. Most of us here will be relegated to either being janitors or Bill Gates with not much in between. Unless of course you invest in the multinational now and get rich when their stock goes up and your neighbor looses his job. Unions now are going to become more important then ever.