Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Hard to Explain

While visitng with several people from my past I had to answer the obligatory inquiry into, "What are you doing?"

I explained how I worked in a factory fixing machines and how much fun I had doing it. Some people said they were amazed how happy and healthy I looked and they were glad I had found something I enjoyed so much. Others seemed horrified that I had given up on my computer graphics past and had a real hard time comprehending how I could possibly enjoy working in a factory.

I have a hard time putting it in words. Let your preconceptions go. Look me in the eye. Watch the expressions on my face as I talk about it. I might have a hard time explaining it, but you should find my sincerity written plainly in the sparkle in my eyes.

4 comments:

X said...

All I know is I've never seen you happier since you've been making sawchain. And I think that may be the first time anyone has ever said that.

List with Laszlo said...

Wish I could have caught you in town. Anyone who has a problem with what someone else does for a living should get a life! Besides, if people didn't make chainsaws how could we clean up after storms? I'm thinking in Viking times the guys who built the ships and weapons were gods and got all the chicks.

iSirkus said...

X said...

All I know is I've never seen you happier since you've been making sawchain. And I think that may be the first time anyone has ever said that.

Nope,
I said It :P
HAHA!!
He's also getting muscles where we never knew they existed! (drool)

X said...

That reminds me, I have to cut up some wood this weekend.